A few weeks ago, I decided to restore one of my trackballs, a 20-year old CH Products DT225.
Due to a recent illness, the project dragged on for longer than I would have liked.
Well, I did the painting over the weekend, so the paint has had about 2–3 days to dry. It will take a few more days before the paint fully hardens but, as it is at the moment, I’m quite happy with the result.
I’ve also hooked the device back up to my computer and everything works fine, which means I didn’t break any internal parts while painting the cable.
There are some small bits of paint residue, e.g., around the sticker on top of the case and on the cable, but these should come off over time with normal use.
To demonstrate the improvement, I’ll show “Before” and “After” photos.
Top of Case