Overnight I discovered that about half of the content of the bottle of Maskol had dried up into a rubbery material. This was highly disappointing because it didn’t look like the Maskol was going to stay in its liquid form for much longer even with the bottle screwed on tightly. I decided to use it before all of the stuff dries up and becomes unusable.
So I took out a small paint brush and painted the Maskol onto the sticker of the DT225 trackball as previously planned for my restoration of my CH Products DT225 trackball. The purpose of doing this was to protect the sticker when I spray the paint onto the trackball case.
After some trial and error, I got a result, which I think is quite satisfactory. Surface tension of the sticker helped to prevent overflow of the Maskol.
Because the manufacturer of Maskol recommends that the rubbery stuff is peeled off within 3 days, I have only this amount of time to sand the areas where I applied the epoxy putty and to paint the case.