I previously described the scratches on one of my CH Products DT225 trackballs.
At the onset of my recent flu, i.e., nearly three weeks ago, I managed to fill the defects with some Tamiya Epoxy Putty. It was the first time I had used this product and I learnt a couple of valuable lessons:
- The putty was not as soft or as easily handled as I had expected. I therefore used an excessive amount to fill the defects.
- I also should have applied the putty with a small spatula instead of my fingers! The result was a heap of putty over the scratches and other defects on the trackball case and cable as well as over surfaces that I should have avoided touching (“normal surfaces”).
Nevertheless, as a proof of concept, I took out some fine grit sandpaper to sand away at a small area of cable, where I had previously filled a fairly large gap. The result was more than satisfactory.